Tuesday, March 23, 2010
For nearly 30 years we've been professional potters and designers, and Akron's Northside District has been home to our studio for much of that time. The Akron community has always supported and encouraged our work and we are fortunate to be part of such an art-friendly environment. A remarkable collective effort has been created by all the people involved for this years event. It is our hope that the Empty Bowl Project becomes a powerful tool for bringing about positive change locally. We thank those supporters and all the people who made this project possible.
Friday, March 5, 2010
Soups on and all the recipes are in for the Empty Bowl Project being held at the Akron Art Museum, Sunday, March 21st. The event is sold out at 244 reservations and those that reserved a bowl will have a difficult time choosing their three soup selections by some of Akron's best chefs. Here is a list of soups that will be offered.
- Crave - Bacon Double Cheeseburger Soup with Chopped Pickles
- VegiTerranean - Celery Root Soup, Tomato Bisque Soup
- Moes - French Onion Soup and Russian Borscht
- Diamond Deli - Wild Rice with Corn and Sausage Soup
- Bricco - Coconut Curried Chicken Soup
- Dine-In-Diva - Black Bean Espresso Soup
- Robert J. - Home-Style Chicken Soup with Homemade Slovenian Noodles, Salmon Bisque
- Taste of Excellence - Southwest Grilled Chicken Soup w/Tri-Colored Tortilla Strips and Key Lime Creme Fraiche
- Flemings - New England Clam Chowder